- Frenzel, F. (2013) ‘Slum Tourism in the Context of the Tourism and Poverty (relief) Debate’, DIE ERDE – Journal of the Geographical Society of Berlin 144(2): 117–28.
- Burgold, J. Frenzel, F. Rolfes, M. (2013) ‘Editorial: Observations on Slums and Their Touristification’, DIE ERDE – Journal of the Geographical Society of Berlin 144(2): 99–104.
- Frenzel, F. (2014) ‘Slum Tourism and Its Controversies from a Management Perspective’, pp. 123–35 in Gudic, M. Rosenbloom, A. and Parkes, . (eds), Socially Responsive Organizations and the Challenge of Poverty. Leeds, UK: Greenleaf.
- Frenzel, F. (2014) Slum Tourism and Urban Regenration: Touring Inner Johannesburg Urban Forum online first DOI:10.1007/s12132-014-9236-2
- Frenzel, Fabian, Ko Koens, Malte Steinbrink, and Christian M. Rogerson (2015) Slum Tourism State of the Art Tourism Review International 18(4):237-252
- Frenzel, Fabian und Steinbrink, Malte (2014) Globaler Armutstourismus. Neue Entwicklungen. Neue Perspektiven
- Frenzel, Fabian and Blakeman, Stephanie (2015) Making Slums Into Attractions: The Role of Tour Guiding in the Slum Tourism Development in Kibera and Dharavi.
- Frenzel, Fabian (2017) On the Question of Using the Concept ‘Slum Tourism’ for Urban Tourism in Stigmatised Neighbourhoods in Inner City Johannesburg, Urban Forum (Online First)
- Frenzel, Fabian (2017) Tourist Agency as Valorisation: Making Dharvi into an Attraction, Annals of Tourism Research 66 (online first)
Poor, Tense, But Sexy: Tourism in Complexo do Alemão, Rio de Janeiro
A report on tourism in Complexo Alemao, complied by Emily LeBaron and Fabian Frenzel in collaboration with Barraco#55 and several community activits working in and with tourism in the neighborhood.